Title: IT Software Developer
Location: Halesowen, West Midlands, UK
Hours: Full time, Monday-Friday 09:00-17:00
Headstock Group is recruiting an IT Software Developer to work alongside the existing IT Team to develop and maintain in house software applications and reports. Working in a fast-paced office environment, the role provides an excellent opportunity to work on a broad range of tasks with some of the world’s leading musical equipment brands.
To be a successful candidate you will be motivated, organised, and proactive, with good communication skills and will be comfortable working in a team based at our West Midlands headquarters. As part of the IT team, you will be responsible for providing high quality software development in line with business requirements. You will also be assisting and supporting staff and key business partners with existing IT systems and web tools.
Based in the Black Country, in the heart of the UK, Headstock Group is a family-owned, private company. It is the owner of the world-renowned Laney Amplification and HH Electronics brands, and the exclusive UK & Ireland distributor for Ibanez, DiMarzio, Truetone, Tama, Zildjian & Aquarian Drumheads. This role offers the successful candidate the opportunity to work across all of these exciting brands, to gain experience and to potentially progress within the organisation over time.
• Assist the IT Manager in the maintenance of existing IT systems, both off the shelf and bespoke.
• Assist the IT Manager by contributing to ideas and developments of new IT systems according to business needs.
• Offer first line support to Headstock staff.
• Understanding of the C# programming language.
• Understanding the .NET Framework and .NET.
• Web services integration using REST APIs.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Be able to work to required deadlines, be self-motivated, resourceful, and organised.
• Be eager to learn and to retain information.
• Experience of SQL and SQL Server including database design and stored procedure programming.
• Experience with VB.NET, WPF, WinForms and ASP.NET Core.
• Experience in an office or workplace to include the use of email, telephone systems and MRP/ERP software systems.
• Experience as a guitarist, bassist, sound engineer or drummer.
• Strong IT literacy to include MS Office.
• As part of the role, you will be enrolling into a fully company funded Degree Apprenticeship with Aston University. Upon completion of the course, you will receive a BSc in Digital and Technology Solutions. To meet the criteria of Aston University and Headstock Group you will require:
• Three A Levels at CCC or above including a Mathematics based subject and a STEM subject, or equivalent BTECs. (Candidates who do not have three A Levels at CCC may be considered on a case by case basis with aptitude and experience taken into consideration.)
• Have a minimum of five GCSEs at Grade C/4 or above including Mathematics, English and a science, technology or engineering related subject.
You will also need to meet the government’s eligibility criteria:
• Have been a UK/EU/EAA resident for the past three years or more prior to starting the course.
• Have left full time education when the apprenticeship you are applying for is due to start.
• Be aged at least 16 years old to meet government funding criteria.
• Competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
• 28 days holidays including statutory days and bank holidays.
• A flexible approach to working hours, where possible.
• A staff discount scheme on our catalogue of products.
• An Employee Assistance Programme, offering support across a range of areas.
• A relaxed dress code.
• A fantastic coffee machine.
• Free car parking.
• Cycle to Work Scheme.
For the attention of Scott McKenzie, Operations Director to: [email protected] .
Please ensure applications include a full CV, a covering letter, and details of salary expectations.
Interviews will be held during September 2023 and may include a skills assessment.
Please note this is a full-time role requiring the employee to work on site in Halesowen, West Midlands and attend Aston University Campus. As such candidates must be located within a commutable distance.
Driven by a passion for music-making and sound since 1967, the Headstock Group prides itself on a portfolio of outstanding products. Whether for our beloved in-house brands Laney Amplification and HH Electronics, or as proud distribution partner for industry-leading and illustrious MI brands, we bring the motivation, experience, and creativity to thrive in this very special industry.
The Headstock Group vision is to fulfil potential; for both the brands we own and for those we represent (but care for as our own). Whether an established, leading product or a new idea, we undertake to understand, invest in, and add value to the process of reaching and exciting the market. We seek growth year by year by reaching more customers with a diverse array of sound and music products.
A second-generation, family-owned, family-led business, we set ourselves high performance standards every day, but measure true performance in decades. We form long-standing business partnerships, hold an exceptional staff-retention record and value each team member and brand ambassador as a part of the extended Company family.
A love for sound and music-making products makes Headstock Group a natural home for experts in their field and our close-knit community has an abiding passion for the music in our lives. A designer and maker for our own brands, yet also a distributor of others’, we have an empathy at both sides of the table. We work hard to develop the supply chain, checking each step adds value, and most importantly we ensure our products can be found by their target customer.
A role at Headstock Group is one in which enthusiasm, humour, creativity, opinion, and trust are encouraged. We create a safe and positive working environment where all team members are treated with respect and confidence.
James Laney, CEO
Headstock Group is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment are considered without regards to race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical and mental disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.