Headstock Group is recruiting an Electronic Design Engineer to expand our UK design team. The successful candidate will be a highly enthusiastic and knowledgeable electronics engineer with a keen interest in audio. They will be highly motivated and proactive, with good communication skills and be comfortable working in a small team based at our UK headquarters.
• Evaluation and testing of prototype designs including fault finding to design level.
• Audio evaluation of new designs and products.
• Research, design, and development of original Analog/Digital circuits to fulfil design briefs.
• Working closely with our in-house design team, overseas teams, and external suppliers.
• Undertaking Pre-Compliance EMC testing of new designs.
• Assisting general technical activities of the R&D department.
• Have a deep understanding and experience of electronics.
• Have a relevant degree in electronics, along with at least 5 years’ experience in a similar role
• Be able to develop original electronic circuit designs, covering a wide range of digital and analogue technologies, ideally including vacuum tubes.
• Be proficient in Altium Designer PCB layout software.
• Have pre-compliance EMC testing experience.
• Possess excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
• Be able to work to required deadlines, be self-motivated, resourceful, and organised.
• Experience as a guitarist, bassist, or sound engineer.
• A strong interest in Audio, Guitar / MI amplification products.
• Experience and understanding of high-speed PCB layout and design for EMC requirements.
• Understanding of DSP coding and audio algorithms.
• Understanding of Embedded Systems, Peripheral Interfacing, and Embedded C code for various devices.
• Strong IT literacy to include MS Office.
• Maths and English qualifications to a minimum of Grade C at GCSE level or equivalent.
• UK resident & passport.
• Competitive basic salary, commensurate with experience.
• 28 days holidays including statutory days and bank holidays.
Please ensure applications include a full CV, a covering letter, and details of salary expectations.
Interviews will be held from August 2022 and may include a skills assessment.
Please note this is a full-time role requiring the employee to work on site at the Headstock Group headquarters in Halesowen, West Midlands. As such candidates must be located within a commutable distance or be prepared to relocate.